Friday, January 20, 2012

Calipari responds to Stallings



John Calipari was on Sirius XM channel 91 this afternoon discussing the college basketball season thus far. It covered a wide range of topics from the phenom Anthony Davis, to the improved play of Marquis Teague. But the subject that caught my attention was when the radio host (can't remember his name) asked Calipari what he thought about Kevin Stallings comments concerning Kentucky not having a Thursday/Saturday turn around this season or last. Calipari's comments were funny to say the least...

I'm paraphrasing here because I can't remember exactly how he responded, but this is the summary of what I could write down.


I didn't see that quote. But all I can say is that TV dictates the schedule. There are three other teams in the SEC that do not have the Thursday Saturday thing this season. You either play the schedule, or you won't be on TV, and Kentucky will be on TV. There is a lot of things that we don't like, but we have to do it. I don't like nine o' clock games, they make me mad, but we play them because the TV schedule says you will.

I don't care where, when or how we play, let's just play. We'll play on I-95, hold up traffic and tip it. I don't care



That ladies and gentlemen, is why John Calpari is perfect for the Kentucky job. He doesn't take crap, and tells it how it is. Kentucky basketball will get the better schedule because the networks want Kentucky on TV. They know what draws ratings, Kentucky. Watching Kevin Stallings whinning over every little thing that doesn't go his way doesn't. Simple as that.


However, I do think Vandy is a good well coached team, and could have a big year this season. Let's just hope they don't turn into the Lakers like every other team does when they play Kentucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment