Saturday, February 25, 2012

Gilchrist insists he's returning next season




In the postgame press conference with the players, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist sent the twitter world retweeting like crazy. During his turn at the mic, Gilchrist dropped some what of a bomb on the media in attendance.


MKG: "I'm graduating from here. I'm not going nowhere. I'm staying at Kentucky. I'm dead serious. I don't know why y'all laughing."


Now I'm not sure what prompted this statement from Gillie, but I think it is a bit of an overstatement. I'm not calling the kid a liar, but I find it hard to believe a player like MKG will stay four years. Those days are gone. But what I do believe is that Gilchrist will return next season. I have spoken with multiple people, and all say the same thing. They can see him returning for a second season. I have no reason not to believe what I am told. Out of the freshman, Gilchrist is the most likely to return along with Teague. But don't get me wrong, if he wants to stay four years, I'd be more than happy to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment