Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Calipari says NOPE!




News broke today that Knicks headcoach Mike D'Antoni has resigned from his post in New York. This is a job that many believe that Calipari would take if he wanted to leave Kentucky for another chance in the NBA.


As soon as twitter started to pick up the story, Cal addressed the situation with two short tweets of his own:


@UKCoachCalipari: as I've said before, I have the greatest job in basketball at any level. Why would I be interested in another job?


@UKCoachCalipari: I love being the coach of the commonwealth's team. To the #BBN & all the recruits that are coming or want to come, I will be at Kentucky.



You have to give him credit for stomping out this rumor before it becomes a distraction to his team. Now sure some may say "that is just coach speak" but it sure sounds as if he means what he says. One thing is for sure in my opinion, if Calipari doesn't leave this year for the league, then he retires at Kentucky. Again, just my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment