Sunday, February 17, 2013

Calipari hasn't given up, neither should you



Yesterday, Kentucky fans didn't know exactly how to feel when the Cats lost by the largest margin ever to Tennessee. Some of them took to popular websites such as Facebook and Twitter and let their feelings be known, some even directly calling out individual players for all the world to see. This something that happens all across college basketball, but doesn't get publicity like it does when it takes place at Kentucky.

I, in no way approve of "fans" attacking or calling out players on the Internet for something that they couldn't come close to doing themselves, play Kentucky Basketball. We are fans, not coaches no matter how smart, how good or how much you "think" you know about basketball, I promise you, Claipari and his staff has forgotten more than you'll ever know in your lifetime.


However, yesterday even John Calipari seemed to have reached the end of his rope saying "we have a couple of guys who are simply uncoachable". Now, like I said yesterday in my review of the game, when a coach tells you something like that, it means one thing, he has done all he can do for you. It's now up to you. Cal went on to say something like that when he said, "If this doesn't embarrass them and make them come to me and say, what do we need to do. Then they don't belong at Kentucky".

What a difference a day makes. Today on his website Coachcal.com, Calipari seemed to have somewhat a change of heart after he had sometime to process what took place in Knoxville. Just so there was no confusion, Cal even titled the blog entry "I believe in this team and I believe in it's fight."

The post is actually a pretty good read, in it Cal says "I refuse to believe they don’t have the fight in them to do this. I refuse to believe they aren’t coachable. I refuse to believe either one of those because we’ve got good kids."  He goes on to say "There has to be a reason why guys are walking out of timeouts and not doing what they are supposed to. I may say publicly they are “uncoachable,” but I refuse to believe that because I believe in these guys and I believe they can change. I say it to get them to change, to prove to themselves and others that they can do this."


You really should go to Coachcal.com and give it a read, it may make you reconsider some of the things you were feeling after yesterdays loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment