Friday, May 30, 2014

SEC Network on Armstrong Cable? Possibly...



As you already know, the SEC Network will launch in August and a lot of Kentucky fans (me  and my family included) will not be able to subscribe to it as our local cable company as of right now does not carry it. 

Armstrong Cable covers a lot of people in Eastern, Kentucky and as of today, Armstrong has made no announcement on whether they will be carrying the SEC Network or not. So, after fielding many, many questions from extremely disappointed Kentucky fans and Armstrong customers, I decided to see if I could just get a response from Armstrong on the matter.

I sent them an email earlier this week and informed them that there was A LOT of Cat fans/Armstrong customers here in Kentucky that are extremely upset over the fact that they may not get to see ALL Kentucky games that will be played this season. I also informed them that Kentucky fans are the most loyal fan base of any sports team (college or professional) and they would look at other options if something wasn't done.

A few day's had passed since the email I had sent and I started to think that it got swept under the rug (especially when you consider I sent it to their complaint department and we all know how often you hear back from those) when my phone made a noise and I looked down and it was a response from Armstrong. 


This wasn't just a normal computer generated response you get when you send a complaint to the complaint department, this came from an actual person. The person was, David Wittmann who just happens to be the Vice President of Armstrong's cable marketing department. Here's MR. Wittmann's response...

“Armstrong is well aware of the passion of SEC fans.  We are in active negotiations with ESPN about adding the SEC Network when it launches in August.”

There was more in the Email, you know your basic "thank you for contacting us on this matter and we value each and every one of customers", but this was the quote I was looking for. I wanted someone to tell me if Armstrong was even looking at the possibility of carrying the SEC Network or if they were simply going to refuse it and move along without it.

Now we know that at least they are making an attempt to come to an agreement with ESPN and are hoping to have the SEC Network in their programming line-up come August. So, for the time being, relax and hope for the best and to David Wittmann, thank you for taking the time to respond to my email. It shows that you are in-fact trying to come to an agreement and please your customers in Eastern, Kentucky and everywhere else Armstrong in available.  Hats off sir...



No comments:

Post a Comment